Features at a Glance
Our 2017 schedule includes more playing experiences, new workshop topics AND is designed to give you more time to test drive some new horns!
- Early start time (10:00 a.m.) for the added “Pre-Session” for warmups and sight-reading sessions with Michael Davis, author of the 10-Minute Warmup, the 15-MWU and the 20-MWU — among other fantastic practice method and etude books .
- One main session of workshops and recitals in the afternoon starting at 12:30 p.m.
- Dinner break (on your own — we’re not feeding you this year, sorry)
- A commemorative Tromblow’in T-Shirt for all particpants!
- Grand Concert starts at 7 p.m. (finished by 9 p.m) FREE and open to the public (invite your friends and family). Performances include JMU Trombone Choir, Michael Davis and Reggie Chapman with jazz rhythm section, and the WORLD PREMIER of Arpeggiatic Suite by Jeff Cortazzo, commissioned and performed by Mr. Jefferson’s Bones
Here’s the detailed schedule . . .
(All Workshop events are held in Forbes room 1115)
- 9 a.m. Registration and Displays Open
- 10 a.m. Group Warmup with Michael Davis
- 10:40 – 11:30 Sight Reading Session
- 11:30 a.m. BREAK FOR LUNCH* – on your own – AND DISPLAYS *Note: We recommend packing your lunch so as not to miss any of the activities!
- 12:30 – 1 p.m. Mass Trombone Choir Rehearsal
- 1 – 2 p.m. Michael Davis Clinic
- 2 – 2:30 p.m. Guest Recital: Kevin Chiarizzio (Liberty University)
- 2:30 – 3:15 p.m. Reginald Chapman Clinic
- BREAK & pBone Raffle
- 3:40 – 4:30 p.m. “Trombone Autopsy” presented by Matt Yates of Hill City Music in Lynchburg, VA.
- DINNER BREAK 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Grand Concert 7–9 p.m.
Join more than 95 trombonists of all ages who have already signed up for 2017!