Our 2019 schedule includes more playing experiences, new workshop topics AND is designed to give you more time to test drive some new horns!
- Early start time (10:00 a.m.) for the added “Pre-Session” for warmups and sight-reading sessions.
- One main session of workshops and recitals in the afternoon starting at 12:30 p.m.
- Dinner break (on your own — we’re not feeding you this year, sorry)
- A commemorative Tromblow’in T-Shirt for all particpants!
- Grand Concert starts at 7 p.m. (finished by 9 p.m) FREE and open to the public (invite your friends and family). Performances include Mr. Jefferson’s Bones, JMU Trombone Choir, Brett Baker and the JMU Brass Band under the direction of Dr. Kevin Stees.
Here’s the detailed schedule . . .
(All Workshop events are held in Forbes room 1115)
- 9 a.m. Registration and Displays Open
- 10 a.m. Group Warmup
- 10:40 – 11:30 Sight Reading Session
- 11:30 a.m. BREAK FOR LUNCH* – on your own – AND DISPLAYS *Note: We recommend packing your lunch so as not to miss any of the activities!
- 12:30 – 1 p.m. Mass Trombone Choir Rehearsal
- 1 – 2:15 p.m. Brett Baker Clinic
- 2:15 – 2:30 p.m. BREAK
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Jazz Improvisation Clinic
- 3:45 – 4:30 p.m. Mini-recital
- DINNER BREAK 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Grand Concert 7–9 p.m.
We expect more than 100 trombonists of all ages at Tromblow’in 2019!