Our 2018 schedule includes more playing experiences, new workshop topics AND is designed to give you more time to test drive some new horns!
- Early start time (10:00 a.m.) for the added “Pre-Session” for warmups and sight-reading sessions with Dave Lambert, professor of trombone at Jacksonville State University (and JMU alumnus).
- One main session of workshops and recitals in the afternoon starting at 12:30 p.m.
- Dinner break (on your own — we’re not feeding you this year, sorry)
- A commemorative Tromblow’in T-Shirt for all particpants!
- Grand Concert starts at 7 p.m. (finished by 9 p.m) FREE and open to the public (invite your friends and family). Performances include Mr. Jefferson’s Bones, JMU Trombone Choir, Christopher Bill and Dave Lambert with jazz rhythm section
Here’s the detailed schedule . . .
(All Workshop events are held in Forbes room 1115)
- 9 a.m. Registration and Displays Open
- 10 a.m. Group Warmup with Dave Lambert
- 10:40 – 11:30 Sight Reading Session
- 11:30 a.m. BREAK FOR LUNCH* – on your own – AND DISPLAYS *Note: We recommend packing your lunch so as not to miss any of the activities!
- 12:30 – 1 p.m. Mass Trombone Choir Rehearsal
- 1 – 2:15 p.m. Christopher Bill Clinic
- 2:15 – 2:45 p.m. Guest Recital
- 2:45 – 3:30 p.m. Dave Lambert Jazz Improvisation Clinic
- BREAK & pBone Raffle
- 3:45 – 4:30 p.m. Special Event
- DINNER BREAK 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Grand Concert 7–9 p.m.
We expect more than 95 trombonists of all ages at Tromblow’in 2018!